The design of the Yankee class was an expensive, well publicized project. There was a flurry of articles and press releases in 1937, mostly due to the efforts of Waldo H. Brown.
Most recently, an article about the YOD class and the construction of Y44 GEMINI appeared in WoodenBoat Magazine (July/August 2010).
Below is a collection of Yankees in the news.
- “Massachusetts Bay Flashes” Yachting February 1937
- Burgess, Starling. “The Yankee One-Design Class” Yachting April 1937: p62
- Herreshoff, L.F. “Yankee One-Design Class Proposals” Rudder April 1937
- Editorial. Yachting April 1937: short mention
- Editorial. Yachting June 1937: photo of half model, and a blurb
- “Yankee Progress” (publication unknown) Summer 1937: photo of WHB and Andrew Britt with Y1
- Fowle, Leonard M. “The Yankee Class Arrives” New England Yachtsman October 1937: Photo spread of Y1
- Rudder November 1937: p55 and p 76, Racing and Club News; Plans
- Brown, Waldo H. “Yankee Progress” Yachting November 1937
- a history of the Brown family, with a short bio of Waldo Brown can be found in Jack Sommer’s book TICONDEROGA